The Graphic Designer will design content for marketing, branding and communications for print, digital and video. They will use their keen sense of design to further The Bluffs Food Bank mission and vision. The Graphic Designer will create content that is both visually appealing and functional. The Graphic Designer will directly contribute to increasing The Bluffs Food Bank’s capacity to ensure everyone in our community is food secure and children in food insecure situations have enough nutritious food. They will do this by increasing creating graphics that will increase awareness of food security issues the availability of nutritious meals for children.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design clear, engaging graphic communications for print, video and digital distribution
- Adhere to, develop and maintain The Bluffs Food Bank style guide
- Work collaboratively with communications and food drive volunteers to create graphics for marketing and communications projects
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Work as part of a team to solicit quotes for printing
- Estimate time requirements for projects
- Regular access to a computer with photo editing, layout, illustrator and design software
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- A working knowledge of digital design, brand development, interactive design and the creative process
- High capacity for taking minimal direction and seeing a project through completion
This position requires a minimum 4 month commitment with an average of 4-5 hours per week, which can be completed at the food bank or at home.
Benefits and Recognition
This position provides valuable experience in communications, marketing, environmental studies, and graphic design. This position is well suited for individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the graphic design field and anyone with a passion for advocating and serving our neighbourhood’s hungry, especially children who may not have access to nutritious food.
About The Bluffs Food Bank
The Bluffs Food Bank is one of Toronto’s leading advocates and servants of the food insecure and particularly children who do not have access to nutritious food. Serving over 65,000 meals annually, The Bluffs Food Bank relies on its 100% volunteer workforce to work collaboratively with governments, local communities and industry to meet its vision of ensuring everyone has three squares a day. To learn more about The Bluffs Food Bank, visit BluffsFoodBank.com.
Please fill in the form below.