A three to four day supply of groceries is provided to registered participants who live within our service area. Our hours of operation are Thursdays 1–3:30pm and 6-7:00 pm.
Helpful for registration
The following is helpful for the Bluffs Food Bank when registering but we are able to help those who are not able to meet the following criteria:
- Identification for all who live in the household.
- Proof of address – lease or a piece of current mail. Our district is Victoria Park to Midland and south of St. Clair Avenue).
- Proof of expenses – lease, rent receipt, hydro bill, house taxes, gas bill, etc.
- Income statement(s) for the current or past month (OW, ODSP, EI or pay stubs)
- Couch surfers or homeless folks need to give us the address at which they are living or the local intersection if they are ‘on the street’.
Eligibility is NOT eliminated by those who are getting ODSP.
To avoid a line up, new clients are encouraged to register from 2:00 p.m. to 3 p.m. or from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Our doors open at 1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., so please consider the weather and avoid long lineups outside.