Food is such a precious resource for Bluffs Food Bank clients. We rely on three sources to fill our stores each week to feed more than 300 families representing 1,200 people with up to half being children:
Your donation of food helps us provide nutritionally balanced meals every week. In addition to the food delivered by agencies we also shop for fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, meat and dairy products. Clients of The Bluffs Food Bank can count on receiving nutritionally balanced groceries to prepare meals with.
Fill out the form below if you’re able to donate food or stop by on Wednesday between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. with your donation.
Food Donation Ideas
Want to get others involved in donating food? Here are some ideas to get started?
- Are you part of a sports team or book club? Consider adopting The Bluffs Food Bank and having a food drive once a year. Make it fun and donate a certain amount of food for every book your club completes or every game you win.
- Speak to your school or your child’s school to see if they would consider having a food drive on behalf of The Bluffs Food Bank.
- Are you having a birthday, anniversary or celebration? These are perfect opportunities to ask people to donate food or grocery store gift cards in lieu of gifts.
Most Needed Items
- Baby food
- Women’s sanitary products
- Toilet paper
- Gift cards to local grocery stores (so we can buy fresh fruits and vegetables)
- Diapers for adults and infants
- Holiday foods
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Canned tuna and salmon
- Unsalted nuts
- No sugar added fruit juice and fruit cups (mainly for our clients with children)
- Shelf-stable milk
- Lactose free milk
- Brown rice
- Oatmeal and low sugar cereals
- Canola and olive oil
- Peanut butter