The Food Drive Coordinator will develop and implement systems and processes to ensure food drives in support of The Bluffs Food Bank reach their maximum potential. As first point of contact for individuals and organizations seeking to hold a food drive, the Food Drive Coordinator will provide support and information in order to see these food drives be successful. The Food Drive Coordinator will directly contribute to increasing The Bluffs Food Bank’s capacity to ensure our goal that everyone in our community is food secure and children in food insecure situations have enough nutritious food. They will do this by ensuring individuals and organizations who run food drives on behalf of The Bluffs Food Bank have the right tools to be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate information in our customer relationship management software of individuals and organizations who have run or expressed interest in running a food drive on behalf of The Bluffs Food Bank
- Promptly Respond to emails and voice mail inquiries regarding food drives
- Work collaboratively with food bank graphic design and communication volunteers to develop marketing support material for food drives
- Be proactive in communicating with those hosting food drives
- Increase community awareness about opportunities to hold food drives
- Generate food drive acknowledgments, thank-you notes, window decals, and reporting accurate donation totals
- Actively solicit groups, companies, and organizations to host food drives
- Work closely with the Birch Cliff United Church calendar (our land lord), operations volunteers to coordinate food drive drop-offs, donation pick-ups, etc.
- Maintain food drive calendar
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Must be available during November and December
- Demonstrates maturity and the ability to work with people from varying backgrounds
- Computer literate
- Ability to work well independently within the parametres of the organization
This position requires a minimum 4 month commitment with an average of 4-5 hours per week, which can be completed at the food bank or at home.
Benefits and Recognition
This position provides valuable experience in volunteer coordination, networking, environmental studies, and non-profit management. This position is well suited for individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector, event management or in the marketing field and anyone with a passion for advocating and serving our neighbourhood’s hungry, especially children who may not have access to nutritious food.
About The Bluffs Food Bank
The Bluffs Food Bank is one of Toronto’s leading advocates and servants of the food insecure and particularly children who do not have access to nutritious food. Serving over 65,000 meals annually, The Bluffs Food Bank relies on its 100% volunteer workforce to work collaboratively with local government officials, local communities and industry to meet its vision of ensuring everyone has three squares a day. To learn more about The Bluffs Food Bank, visit BluffsFoodBank.com.
Please fill in the form below.