The Social Media Coordinator will develop and implement a social media strategy to increase overall reach and brand awareness. They will use social media outlets to promote active Bluffs Food Bank campaigns, engage the public and increase online presence. The Social Media Coordinator will directly contribute to increasing The Bluffs Food Bank’s capacity to ensure that everyone in our community is food secure and children in food insecure situations have enough nutritious meals. They will do this by increasing public awareness of food security issues the availability of nutritious meals for children and communicating progress on specific Bluffs Food Bank campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Social Media Coordinator will:
- Maintain The Bluffs Food Bank’s social media accounts
- Develop a social media strategy to support the organization’s food security and nutritious meal availability for children campaigns, fundraising activities and establish targets for increasing online reach
- Post regular updates to The Bluffs Food Bank’s social media outlets including, but not limited to, blog posts, photos, video, news articles, press releases and other promotional items
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media outlets
- Adapt Bluffs Food Bank messaging for different outlet-specific audiences
- Attend the food bank occasionally on Wednesday mornings and throughout the day and evening on Thursdays for the purpose of capturing images and interacting with volunteers and clients
Experience using key social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and others)
Strong writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors and corporate partners
Ability to work well independently within the parametres of the organization
This position requires a minimum 4 month commitment with an average of 4-5 hours per week, which can be completed at the food bank or at home.
Benefits and Recognition
This position provides valuable experience in communications, marketing, environmental studies, and non-profit management. This position is well suited for individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the communication field and anyone with a passion for advocating and serving our neighbourhood’s hungry, especially children who may not have access to nutritious food.
About The Bluffs Food Bank
The Bluffs Food Bank is one of Toronto’s leading advocates and servants of the food insecure and particularly children who do not have access to nutritious food. Serving over 65,000 meals annually, The Bluffs Food Bank relies on its 100% volunteer workforce to work collaboratively with governments, local communities and industry to meet its vision of ensuring everyone has three squares a day. To learn more about The Bluffs Food Bank, visit BluffsFoodBank.com.